Sunday 4 March 2012

What Do You Love?

|


...Or should that only be whom do you love?

You mean the world to me

We use the word "love" at lot in daily speak. We often say we love this, that or the other, and some complain that we use it so much as to abuse it out of its true meaning.

But in my opinion, true love is one of those exceptions that repeated often becomes neither meaningless nor clichéd. Things that govern our lives will never go out of fashion, and love is a hot little number.

I use the word love a lot (bet you couldn't guess that from my blog!). I love reading out loud. I love Scandinavian cuisine. Like a large percentage of the global population, I love my raggedy pair of strutted jeans that feel so comfortable. And again like a major slice of the world, I love the island of freedom the internet has become, and the way it has helped me embody the spirit of passionate individual expression, to make it a part of my daily life.

And there's the key word: passion. We use the word love when we feel passionate about something. Is it so wrong to attach it to objects? Or should we only use it when we talk about our feelings for people?

I feel passionate about my writing, about my food, about my favourite pair of jeans that has travelled with me across the globe. But that doesn't mean I feel any less passionate about my twin flame. And I think we need more passion in the world for the right kind of things.

We need a passion for peace which will stop us from starting new wars. We need a passion for all living things, to help us protect animals endangered to the point of extinction. We need a passion for the truth so we can stamp out the culture of corruption in politics and the media.

If we didn't have a passion for these things, why would we want to even attempt them?

Ultimately, it is not loving things that is the core problem; it is loving the wrong things above living things. And being passionate about the good things the world has to offer shows a healthy respect for the gift of life given to us, by appreciating the best it has to give.

Only then can we create a universe where love is the matter that dominates, opposed to the shadowy antimatter of hate. And it's a doable dream. We can essentially be free of tyranny. The whole point is that in all our minds a free world exists, where we can cast away the chains of war, capitalism, communism, conformism, and all ideologies, and become one with our own divine essence of love.

Because the world of love is never black or white, or shades of grey, but a multitude of colours, where everything is written with a hope and a passion that struggles to the last.

Yours in love,

Mickie Kent

0 comments: