Monday 5 March 2012

True Twin Flame Stories-2

|


Twin FlameClick here to attract your own twin flame NOW!

In this true twin flame story, I want to tell you about my paternal grandmother.

Read other true stories: -1 -3 -4 -5 -6 -7

Love someone, she used to say to me, it doesn't matter if you suffer. It doesn't matter if you cry. It doesn't matter if you fight. Because in the end you'll be able to say, I cry, I suffered, I fought. But I loved you.

Once, I asked her if my grandfather had been the love of her life. She told me that he was the love of all her lifetimes. She never coined the phrase "twin flame", but that was what they were to each other. They passed away peacefully with only a day separating them - that was how long they could manage to stay apart.

Violet and Michael (I'm named after my grandfather) remained faithful to the fire that burned in them for the duration of their life together, but finding one another hadn't been easy. There'd been a time my grandmother thought she would remain unmarried - or as they labelled it in her day - "become an old maid". But she refused all suitors, because she felt that the right man for her was still out there. She'd sensed that there was still someone she hadn't met out there wondering what it would be like to meet someone like her.

Evidently the time in between was hard for her, but where there's faith in love, there's hope. And my grandmother wanted to fall in love because she was ready, not because she was lonely. Besides, she wasn't one to sit and wait!

Yes, she eventually found her man, but there were complications. She was older than him for starters, and for another neither family got on with the other, and there was also the problem of money - his farming family were rolling in it, while my grandmother's family were genteel middle class.

Only once their eyes locked, however, those complications were problems for everyone else around them; they knew they had found the real thing. But at the beginning, their love was like a school tie gone rogue, pulled this way and that by so-called friends all giving their opinions on what was the "right thing to do".

Ultimately, even though friends and family tried to tie a cornucopia of weird knots about them, it just pulled them closer together. But to me, that's what makes true love the sweetest thing in life. That's why we're all either in love or looking for love. It just so happens that sometimes you have to work for it - especially when life gets in the way - but I believe that deep love shared with your twin flame is always worth fighting for.

Granny did, too.

Rarely did they quarrel, but when they did, it was a sight to see. They were very passionate, but they always compromised, and they always stuck to their rule to always go to bed as lovers, so that they would wake up as friends.

As long as you warm the fire in your belly, and keep the sparkle in your eye, love will never die, is another of her sayings, and probably the best one that sums up her time together with her twin flame.

Never a day goes by that I don't think of my wonderful grandmother. I had never seen her so sad as I did at my grandfather's passing. Especially when she was told her beloved Mick had passed away.

Nodding, she'd said, "My Mickey was never much of a gentleman, but this time I do wish he would have let me go first." I remember stroking her hand, worried she wouldn't be able to cope with her loss. She passed away exactly a year to the day after my grandfather's death. And when my parents called to tell me that she'd died, I knew in my heart that, really, she'd begun to live again.

Yours in love,

Mickie Kent

2 comments:

Stacey_B said...

I just woke up and first thing I do is check your site. I was glad I did. This post brought tears to me eyes. Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Loved reading this :)